Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cocohut

Noticed some problems already! I am just going to create a list for you so you don't make the same mistakes.

1. Do not do everything so quickly; take your time.
2. More in depth research. Even though I pretty much read every Dart Frog site out there I missed a few facts that I could have used.
3.The foam shrunk away from the glass a little bit on the sides. I should have waited longer so I could fill in the excess gaps.
4.My money for the Dart Frog project is running low. Budget my money better.
5.Forgot to put some rocks in the background. I think with rocks it looks a whole lot better.

That's the start of my list of mistakes, so learn from them and embrace.

Not to mention my few updates to the terrarium. I now have a cocohut; yes in deed. Also can someone please tell me if a wolf spider would affect the dart frogs? I found a wolf spider and was bored. Can you guess what I did with it? Yes, I gave him a nice home until the Dart Frogs raid the tank! I looked up the species of spider I held hostage and it was a Wolf Spider. Sounds poisonous and aggressive doesn't it.To be honest they are just puny little things that are not poisonous at all. See for yourself and tell me if you have them around where you live.

OK back to the updates, I did also get a plexiglass lid with hinges and a knob fits well however, I haven't installed the hinges. And I took a trip out to my local pet shop and picked up a thermometer. I think I will end this post with an awesome picture.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: